13 March, 2010

"What Is Truth?"

I'm not sure I'm convinced
There was an actual Good Samaritan -
But, I do know that I'm convicted by this good man's example.

And, I'm not holding my breath
For archaeological proof of the Prodigal Son's big party -
But I have felt his father's embrace.

Perhaps the Truth of a Story
Is not its literal correspondence to fact -
But that it can be recognized by the eyes of our heart
Or called to the remembrance of our soul?

"Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." ~G.K. Chesterton

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! --J

(c) 2008 - 2014 Brian R. Dixon

The Scripture quotations contained herein are from the New Revised Standard Version Bible, copyright © 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the U.S.A. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

the garden plot

Post Archives